Monday 15 September 2008

a day in little west yorkshire


Six golden and important rules for a Malaysian family to survive living in UK.

* Do not listen to other Malaysian (whether on job prospects and opportunities, driving license and car insurance) especially if they are also student like you and just so happen so to be living in the same area slightly a year or two then you - because many Malaysians are actually very blur and ignorants, tapi pandai memandai-mandai and because they are blur they tend to confuse their own countrymen unintentionally.

* Always, I repeat always check with the locals about the real rules and regulations and situations in your area because at the end of the day, the local knows better. So, my point is janganlah duk campur dengan group Melayu je, belajarlah bersosial dengan bangsa lain.

* Nobody are allowed to control your mind and any of your decisions regarding your family well beings - not your friend, not your neighbour and especially other Malaysians, because at the end of the day you, yourself decides your own priorities and happiness.
This thing can occur especially to those who just arrive UK. At this very early stage you and your partner are actually will be very fragile and vulnerable. So, at this trying time you will meet some quarters who seems nice but actually can be a tyrant and they can bully you into doing or buying things. They will of course using 'friendly' kind of questions suc as, "So, bila you nak beli kereta,", "Dah travel mana?", "Dah jalan mana?", "Dah pergi car boot mana?". All these questions are just plain stupid and a waste of time. Like the Malays said, "buang masa je" so the best thing to do is just "buat bodoh je".


* Be friendly but not familiar. Yes, you can be friendly with your fellow Malaysians but do not at all be close to them. This will give way to backbiting and bickering later on. At the end of the day, if you become too familiar with these people, they would end up easily hurting your feelings and definitely they will in every ways try to invade your family privacy (Malaysian loves....doing that).

* Be discreet and private at all time. If you want to go for holidays, just go and enjoy yourself with your family. You are not oblige to invite everyone for that trip. Remember, life in UK is hard enough and everything is costly and expensive, plus your husband is not a milionaire nor a 'Santa Claus'. Do not go for holiday in a big groups because it will be quite taxing and troublesome.

* Strengthen your family relationships. Actually these three 3 years durations in UK will be the best time for you and your partner to strengthen your family relationships. Your life here is just one of the transactions. After UK, you will go back and move on with your real life. So, my dear friend, always-always be prepared, do not lose your cool, do not rely on others, do not expect much from others and you must always-always be strong and self-reliance.

Good luck and may Allah bless you.

1 comment:

Hanna Rabittah said...

yerp i totally agree when u mentioned that we shouldnt be too familiarize with the friends.. even if ur in malaysia... dont get too involve with people other than ur family members..
thats what i believe in anyway

About Me

My photo
I have so many interests. I love reading, I love compiling old Malay recipes and experimenting them through cooking. I adore my baby and I love spending time with my other half despite I see him everyday. I love humming because I strongly believe it is good for my soul. I feel so complete when I gave birth to my baby boy. I am blessed and so fortunate to be given a chance to be a mother, a daughter, a wife and a sister to somebody. Despite losing my individual identity when I agreed to say 'I do', Never in seconds ever I doubt, begrudged or regrets having all that. Will always love my mum and my dad till I die.